Sunday, August 21, 2011

Uncle Tom's Cabin & Figs

I'm reading Uncle Tom's Cabin for the first time. It's making me cringe a whole lot even though I'm acutely aware of when it was written, so each time I cringe I'm pulled out of the story, which you writers out there know isn't really a good thing. Anyway, I'm 70% through it. Yes, I'm reading it on my Kindle which I adore.

Yesterday I successfully transplanted the avocado tree, and I noticed that a raccoon is interested in the fig tree, but the figs aren't ready yet. I hope the raccoon forgets about the figs. Yeah, right. So after taking care of the avocado tree, I bought two Barbara Karst bougainvillea, and they came with a QR code-- everything has one nowadays, doesn't it?-- so I scanned the code, and there was a lot of good info about watering which is very useful because I've found that watering my garden can be tricky because not all of the plants in my garden have the same water requirements. I'm a novice gardener, so I still have a ton to learn.

Some figs:



No comments:

Post a Comment